Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jan 25 - Coffee: the good kind

Today's holiday was going to be bar based with an amazing friend, Patrick, to celebrate his birthday and am pretty sure he would love this national holiday but life gets in the way and it is only Wednesday but I did partake and bought all the fixin's to celebrate National Irish Coffee Day, though maybe not quite following the original recipe......


I will be honest not a big whiskey fan, I prefer a hot whiskey / toddy and my coffee with baileys but it was pretty good though I am guessing my pour was a lot smaller that the bars around here which is why I liked it - many would disagree that I got this the wrong way around :)

 A little history on this - it was first made by Limerick bartender Joseph Sheridan in 1942 in an airport  now known as Shannon Airport.
And if you are looking for the original recipe, here it is in Joe's words: 

"cream as rich as an Irish brogue; coffee as strong as an Irish hand; sugar sweet as the tongue of a rouge; and whiskey smooth as the wit of the land.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment